The Feline Coronavirus (FCV) antigen rapid test card uses a rapid immunochromatographic assay to detect cat coronavirus antigens. After the rectal or fecal sample is added to the well, it is moved along the chromatographic membrane along with the colloidal gold-labeled anti-FCV monoclonal antibody. If the FCV antigen is present in the sample, it binds to the antibody on the test line to display wine red. If the FCV antigen is not present in the sample, no color reaction occurs.
1. Use a cotton swab to collect freshly excreted stool samples or sample directly from the rectum. If you are screening for cats without diarrhea, use rectal sampling. It is not recommended to collect dry stool samples because the collection of dry feces often results in false positives due to excessive sample collection.
2. Immediately insert the cotton swab into the collection tube containing the sample buffer, rotate the cotton swab repeatedly on the tube wall at least 10 times, and mix the solution to dissolve the sample as much as possible in the solution. Squeeze the cotton swab on the tube wall to allow the liquid to be squeezed out as much as possible and discard the cotton swab.
3. Remove the test card from the sealed bag. Place the test card on a flat surface, pipette the liquid from the collection tube, and slowly and drop-drop 5 drops into the well with the “S” mark.
4. At this time, the red wine liquid will flow through the observation window. If the liquid does not flow, the area between the “sample hole” and the “observation window” can be lightly pressed to help the liquid release.
5. The result is judged by placing it at room temperature for 10-15 minutes, and the result of more than 15 minutes is invalid.
1. Positive: In the observation hole, the detection line region (T) and the control line region (C) simultaneously appear a purple-red line.
2. Negative: In the observation well, only a purple line appeared in the control line area (C).
3. Failure: In the observation hole, no color line appears in the control line area (C) and the detection line area (T); or only the detection line area (T) appears color line.
Valid Period: The kit is stored at 2～30°C, the validity period is 24 months.